Constructed in 1877; and built by Samuel Dolson, the former church is an excellent example of the Lombard Romanesque style of architecture, which is characterized by a gable roof across the front of the church and a projecting entrance. Further characteristics of this style include rounded arches for doors and window openings. Four detailed buttresses rise up as towers, each supporting a small metal spire. The 12 petal stained glass ‘rose’ window is a prominent feature on the front façade. The builder, Samuel Dolson’s work is considered locally significant and the subject building is a strong local landmark and streetscape feature along Church Street.